Government Subsidised Training and Fees
The Victorian Training Guarantee
As a student, you may be eligible for a government-subsidised place in our courses under the Victorian Training Guarantee (VTG).
The VTG makes vocational training more accessible to people who do not hold a post-school qualification, or who want to gain a higher level qualification than they already hold by subsidising students for a course.
Am I eligible for a government subsidised training place?
You are eligible for a government-subsidised training place with the Institute if you are:
- an Australian citizen
- an Australian Permanent Resident (holder of a permanent visa)
- a New Zealand citizen
and are any of the following:
- under 20 years of age (as at 1 January in the year of commencement of training) and seeking to enrol in nationally recognised training, or
- over 20 years of age (as at 1 January in the year of commencement of training) and seeking to enrol in nationally recognised training in a course that is at a higher qualification level than the highest qualification held at the time of the scheduled commencement of training.
How many courses am I eligible for?
You are eligible to commence a maximum of two subsidised courses at the same qualification level within the Australian Qualifications Framework in your lifetime. This restriction applies whether or not you complete the courses. For example, this means if you have already commenced two courses at the Certificate III level, you may only commence courses at Certificate IV level or above.
In addition, eligible students can begin up to two subsidised courses a year as long as you are not doing any more than two courses at a time.
The following fees apply to all students who meet the criteria for government funded training under the Victorian Training Guarantee (VTG).
Statement of Fees
This is only an indicative fee for 2016.
|Course Code||Course Name||Course Hours||Duration Years (Full-time)||VTG Tuition Fee*||Full Tuition Fees||Approximate Government Contribution for VTG Course||Government contribution for VTG Course PER SCH||Material Fee|
|CHC42015||Certificate IV in Community Services||855||0.85||$2,725||$7,000||$4,275||$5.00||$0|
|BSB50215||Diploma of Business||430||0.70||$5,640||$6,500||$860||$2.00||$0|
|CHC50113||Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care||1998||1.5||$6,005||$15,995||$9,990||$5.00||$300|
Course delivery, outline, units and trainers are subject to change without notification.
* The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
Concession on Course Fees
For enrolment in Certificate IV level courses, a concession fee of 20% of the published fees will be charged to learners who are eligible under the Victoria Training Guarantee prior to the commencement of training, and who hold one of the below current and valid concession cards:
- Health Care Card issued by the Commonwealth
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Veteran’s Gold card
- An alternative card or concession eligibility approved by the Minister
The Concession also applies to a dependent spouse or a dependent child of a card holder. Concession fees are also applicable to all VTG eligible individuals enrolling into any level qualification who self-identify as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent.
Please Note: Enrolling in any of the above Qualifications may affect your future training options and eligibility for further government subsidised training under the Victorian Training Guarantee.
- A ten business day cooling-off period;
- The Institute will undertake a Pre-Training Review to determine your eligibility and to:
- understand your objectives for undertaking the qualification(s);
- explore your current competencies and provide opportunities for these to be assessed through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT);
- ascertain the most suitable qualification(s) for you to enrol based on your current educational attainment, capabilities including language, literacy and numeracy, aspirations and interests; and
- determines your training and assessment needs
- Access to qualified trainers/assessors;
- Contact the Institute any time by email firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- Access to educational support email@example.com
If you have any concerns regarding your experience with the Institute, you can refer to our Complaints and Appeals Policy.
|Audit Date||26 and 27 July 2012|
|Qualifications Audited||69793 Diploma of Share Trading and Investment|
|10008NAT Advanced Diploma of Share Trading and Investment|
|Audit Non-compliance identified||No|
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding.